To work effectively, we want focus as much of our time and attention on the work. Emotional reactions – unless they are part of the work itself – can distract us, reduce presence and be a source of waste – in Temenos just as well as in any team. A typical source of unwanted emotions are disappointed expectations. We greatly reduce the likelihood of disappointment when we make clear agreements.
These are working agreements we created in a recent block of TrustTemenos Leadership Academy. Use them to agree in your team or Temenos what’s working for you.
- Extreme self-care
- Your own interests over group interests
- Law of two feet
- Express love for every individual including yourself
- Support the other’s flow
- Lead like you’d lead a blind person
- Grab the sheep to ask for pause
- Assume positive intent
- Move to try a different perspective
- Yes, and…
- Authentic and honest